- Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- We use both persistent and session cookies on our website.
- The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below.
- We use (_ga, _gat, _gid) to track users as they navigate the website.
Google Analytics cookies
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website.
- Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
- The analytics cookies used by our website have the following names:_ga, _gat, _gid.
- The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
- The analytics cookies used by our website have the following names: _VxSessionId (session), _VxLog (persistent).
- These cookies are session cookies (temporary cookies that expire and are automatically erased whenever you close your browser) and persistent cookies (deleted after one year if you have not visited this website again or if you clear your browser's cookie cache).
- Vuture* collects anonymous data on unknown website visitors and allows for known website visitors (in our client database) to be identified at an individual level.
- We use this information to personalise content and to make our marketing more relevant.
- We do not allow Vuture to use or share our data.
*Vuture - a third-party email communication platform that we use to distribute client alerts and invitations.
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies, for example:
- In Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced".
- In Firefox (version 47) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites".
- In Chrome (version 52), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting. any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
- Blocking all cookies can have a negative impact on the usability of a website.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer, for example:
- In Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11).
- In Firefox (version 47), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies".
- In Chrome (version 52), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
- This website is owned and operated by J A Kemp.
- Our principal place of business is at 80 Turnmill Street, London, EC1M 5QU.
- You can contact us:
- By post, using the postal address: 80 Turnmill Street, London, EC1M 5QU.
- By telephone, on +44 20 3077 8600.
- By email, using email@example.com.