Whatever business you are in, you create and use intellectual property all the time. To realise the full potential of your business, you need to maximise the value of your IP and manage your IP assets on an ongoing basis.
At J A Kemp, we will work with you to understand your business and ensure your IP meets your commercial needs now and in the future. We will prosecute your patent and trade mark applications efficiently and cost-effectively, with your business objectives in mind.
The IP strategy advice we provide is integral to all we do for our clients. It will inform your decision making on whether, when and where to file a new patent or trade mark application. It will help you to develop creative prosecution strategies to ensure key rights are protected. It will also inform and guide your strategic thinking on freedom to operate issues.
We can help you with:
- Invention discovery – identifying whether your new technology might be suitable for protection via patent applications
- IP review – leading a process to understand more fully the strengths and weaknesses of your IP portfolio
- Portfolio management – applying a holistic approach to your IP portfolio, so that decisions on individual cases are not taken in isolation
- Cost management - helping you with IP budgeting and cost control on an annual basis or for individual matters
- Support through IP transactions – helping you to manage your IP through investment rounds or licence negotiations
- Due diligence – providing pragmatic guidance for potential investors or acquirers on an IP portfolio of interest
- Searching – a broad range of services to meet your needs across all IP rights, from validity, freedom to operate or landscape searching in relation to patents and designs, all provided by our in-house team, to Trade Mark Register availability, common law, company and domain name searching
- Freedom to operate – helping you to identify and manage any potential risk factors for your business