Aaron is a partner in J A Kemp’s Trade Marks & Designs Group.
In addition to being a UK-qualified solicitor, Aaron is also qualified as a Canadian barrister and solicitor, and an Australian solicitor and registered trade mark attorney.
Aaron’s practice involves all things related to trade marks and brand protection. He also specialises in domain name dispute management. World Trade Mark Review 1000 describes Aaron as an “exceptional, world-class adviser”. The Legal 500 says that Aaron is “great on strategy, thinking round a problem and achieving creative solutions.” One client commented that “Aaron is the star performer I have always preferred to work with. His opinions are always thorough and leave no gaps.” Another that “Aaron is an incredibly hard worker with a great knowledge and creativity. He is able to think out of the box which is a great asset for any of his clients. He is extremely fast and very thorough. Thinks in opportunities and possibilities rather than problems. A joy to work with.”
Examples of Aaron’s work include:
- worldwide brand clearance projects for brand owners and creative agencies
- domain name disputes and online brand protection, including management of high-volume enforcement programmes
- domestic, overseas and multijurisdictional trade mark dispute management
- complex cross-proceedings, often with a litigious element
- advertising and marketing agency support
- trade marks and IP budget management and planning, including for startups
Aaron frequently advises clients on internet and domain name monitoring, domain name acquisition, website and social media complaints and domain name disputes at all major tribunals, including in respect of new gTLDs. In 2018 he was one of only 34 practitioners around the world selected by ICANN to consult on the Uniform Rapid Suspension (URS) dispute system. The same year he was appointed as a UDRP dispute panellist by the National Arbitration Forum in the United States.
Aaron joined J A Kemp as a partner in 2019, having previously worked elsewhere in private practice in the UK, Australia and Canada.