J A Kemp Event: How to Protect and Exploit Pharmaceutical Intellectual Property
Stephen Pilling, a senior examiner at the EPO specialising in biopharmacy, will be our guest speaker.
We are delighted to announce that J A Kemp will host another Intellectual Property Symposium in Copenhagen. Our 2018 event will take place at the Clarion Hotel, Copenhagen Airport, on 19 June 2018.
Talks and workshops will address the key issues currently affecting pharmaceutical innovation in Europe and across the world. We will be discussing ways to protect and exploit your IP and J A Kemp's attorneys will be on hand to provide free one to one advice.
The event is free to attend and lunch and refreshments will be provided during the day. A drinks reception will follow at 16.00.
Topics to be covered during the symposium include:
- The implications of the introduction of a “doctrine of equivalents” into UK law and a comparison with the approach taken in other jurisdictions
- Demonstrating infringement of second medical use claims
- Freedom to operate – how, what and when to search when seeking to assess your freedom to operate
- An update from the EPO, including practical implications of G1/16 on disclaimer practice at the EPO
- The rise of a “doctrine of plausibility” in European patent prosecution and litigation
- Supplementary Protection Certificates – an update on recent CJ-EU referrals and advice on making your patent portfolio SPC ready
- Practical tips on patent prosecution in India and China, including an update on recent legal developments
Attendees will also have the opportunity to ask specific questions about their own IP situation.
Time: 09.45 - 16.00
Followed by a drinks reception
Clarion Hotel, Copenhagen Airport, 20 Ellehammersvej, 2770 Kastrup, Denmark
To book please visit the registration page.
For directions, please click here.