J A Kemp Partners to Speak at Unitary Patent Package Conference
Two J A Kemp partners, Martin Jackson and Tom Carver, have been asked to speak at the Unitary Patent Package Conference 2016 on 4 and 5 February at the Movenpick Hotel, Amsterdam.
The conference will consider and discuss the latest developments on the Unitary Patent and the Unified Patent Court.
Martin will be a member of a panel reviewing issues relating to the new Rules of Litigation Certificate such as:
- Lawyers and patent attorneys as teams and as competitors
- Are the minimum requirements enough?
- Do we need minimum requirements for lawyers?
- How to select the proper representative?
Martin and Tom will chair a roundtable discussing which industries or business sectors will be most interested in using the Unified Patent Court, and which court might be the most popular. The session will address issues including:
- Will pharmaceutical companies be reluctant to risk their patents by leaving them in the jurisdiction of the UPC? Or will their desire to shape the case law of the new court override their caution?
- Will the industrial chemistry industry become more litigious?
- Will the engineering industries be first to take advantage?
- We all assume that Patent Assertion Entities and generic drug companies will be keen