J A Kemp Webinar: The Microbiome and Claiming Bacteria
8 July 2020
Increasing numbers of patent applications directed to bacteria are being filed and granted as the microbiome field rapidly develops. However, drafting and prosecuting applications claiming bacteria is challenging due to the complexity of the technology and the products, and limited guiding case law. In this webinar we consider the areas of uncertainty, review the available guidance and discuss best practices for building patent portfolios in the microbiome space.
- Analysis of claims to bacteria granted by the European Patent Office
- The scope and potential infringement of claims to deposited strains
- How robust are claims to a species?
- Guidance from recent case law in Europe and the rest of the world
- Best practice for drafting and prosecuting claims to bacteria
This is a technical webinar aimed at:
- In-house IP practitioners working in biotechnology and with an interest in the microbiome
- Attorneys involved in drafting, prosecuting and advising on patent claims for bacterial products and methods
- Practitioners having an interest in microbiome technology and the IP issues it presents
This webinar is available on-demand.
Speakers & Topics
Ian MacLeod, Partner, Patent Attorney, J A Kemp
To book please visit the registration page.