J A Kemp Webinar: Update on Plausibility
This webinar is now available on-demand. Click here to access the recording.
The law on plausibility continues to be a hot topic in the pharmaceutical and biotech fields. This webinar will cover recent developments in the assessment of whether a “plausible” disclosure of efficacy is present in the application as filed. This will include discussion of the decision T 116/18 which has for the first time referred the topic of plausibility to the Enlarged Board of Appeal of the European Patent Office (pending as G 2/21). The Court of Appeal decision in Fibrogen v Akebia will also be covered, which discusses the issue of plausibility in the context of claims directed to the medical use of a functionally-defined active agent.
Topics covered will include:
- Plausibility at the EPO and in the English courts
- The referral of plausibility to the enlarged board of appeal of the EPO
- Functional features and plausibility
- The Court of Appeal case in Fibrogen v Akebia
- Plausibility considerations for patent applications
This is a technical webinar aimed at:
- In-house IP practitioners working in the pharmaceutical and biotech sectors
- Attorneys involved in drafting, prosecuting and advising on patent applications for inventions dependent on a certain biological activity
- People involved in developing products for the biotech and healthcare sector in new and growing businesses or academic institutions