How and When to Prepare for the Arrival of the Unitary Patent
The patent landscape in Europe is about to undergo the biggest change since the European Patent Office was established four decades ago. The introduction of the Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court will affect all applicants and patentees seeking patent protection in Europe through the European Patent Office. The webinar will explain the changes and set out a timetable for decisions which patentees, applicants and their attorneys will need to make. Careful consideration will need to be given in the coming months on existing granted European patents and pending applications at the EPO as they approach grant and following grant.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to the Unitary Patent and the Unified Patent Court
- What decisions will need to be made on existing European patents and when
- What decisions will need to be made on existing European patent applications and when
- How to obtain a Unitary Patent
- What are the pros and cons of obtaining a Unitary Patent