Mastering the Complex Patent Recordals Landscape in Europe
It is generally good practice to record assignments of patents and patent applications, and in many instances it may also be desirable to record changes in company name and/or address. However, despite a long-standing centralised European Patent Office register for pending European patent applications, which has recently been extended to cover Unitary Patents, the overall recordal process in Europe remains complex. In this webinar, we will consider the overall recordal landscape in Europe and provide some practical guidance on strategies for simplifying the recordal process and minimising expense.
Topics covered include:
- Recording changes on pending European applications: what evidence does the EPO require?
- Common (and easily avoidable!) problems with evidence used to support recordals at the EPO.
- Recording changes on European patents post-grant: can taking action before each national office be avoided?
- Recording changes on Unitary Patents: what is different?
- Practical tips for streamlining the process and reducing administrative burden and associated costs.