Patenting Antibodies at the EPO
Antibody therapeutics is a rapidly developing field, with many antibody-based therapies now on the market and in the clinic. Patenting of antibodies, particularly for known targets, is proving increasingly difficult. The day-to day practice at the European Patent Office is constantly evolving, moving forward much faster than the Case Law. This webinar makes use of the significant experience of J A Kemp’s attorneys in prosecuting antibody cases at the European Patent Office, as well as discussions with EPO examiners, highlighting recent trends in examination and strategies for addressing objections.
- When broad antibody claims can be obtained
- How to approach inventive step when the target is known
- What data to provide to support inventive step
- Functional/epitope claims
- Other routes to patentability